Skip to main content

Emraan Hashmi open to item numbers!

Bollywood Actor Emraan Hashmi is ready to grove to item songs but on one condition: it has to be unique and different from the rest.

“The conventional item numbers are very boring. I don’t like the way they are presented. I will do something different,” he said. He also added jokingly, that if Dibakar Banerjee, his Shanghai director will cast him in an item number, he will take it up on the spot.

Shanghai has changed people’s perception Emraan Hashmi.

“‘Shanghai’ de-constructed perception that people had about me. A new Emraan Hashmi has been showcased. After this whatever role I play, it should be as unpredictable as this. I want to surprise the audience,” he told reporters.

The actor also said, “‘Shanghai’ is very different. We have made a film which breaks convention.” Though the film did not start on a great note, Emraan says, “but the jump we got, the response I got on SMS and everything is a win-win situation for the entire team. This film needs your support so that more films like ‘Shanghai’ can be made.”

Emraan is a very versatile actor. He doesn’t want to be tagged in a particular role.

“I want to be an actor who pitches his films to everyone. We know there is a divided audience. Some actors are safe and cater to one particular set of audience. But I really respect Dibakar for making a film like ‘Shanghai’. He took the risk of making something totally different. The praise that I have got for Jogi Parmar, I have hardly ever heard such praise in my career. After ‘Shanghai’, I would want to do more films like this,” he said.

And what about those who did not like the film?

Emraan said: “You can’t please everyone. You will have people who love your film and detractors as well. In this case, they haven’t understood the film….”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News