Skip to main content

Vidya - Now Khans add 'Balan' to their Names

Riding high after the success of her movie 'The Dirty Picture', Bollywood Actress Vidya Balan, who has taken everyone by surprise with her bold potrayal of her role inspired by South siren 'Silk Smitha', says the reigning Khans of Bollywood can now use 'Balan' as a suffix to their names.

"I feel blessed for so much of appreciation and gratitude. I am happy that I got the chance to work with good directors and I should not take credit for it I have never been part of any race for the number one position or anything of that sort," Vidya told reporters here.

"It feels good that people are saying that 'Dirty Picture' is not dirty. The film is a huge landmark for me," she said. On being asked whether she is the new female Khan in the industry, Vidya chuckled, "Well, the Khans can now add Balan at the end of their names, instead of me adding Khan to my name."

Reportedly Kareena Kapoor also intends to get 'dirty' with her upcoming film, 'Heroine', to which vidya balan says, "I don't think anyone can get dirty like this." On whether she is the female version of Bollywood's serial kisser Emraan Hashmi, Vidya says, "The idea is not bad.

If girls are trying to outdo boys in all areas then why not in this way too."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News