Skip to main content

Sanjay Leela Bhansali obsessed with Madhuri

Bollywood Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali says that he is “obsessed” with Bollywood Actress Madhuri Dixit, perhaps even more than M F Hussain.

“In my every film I wanted to direct Madhuri… right from ‘Khamoshi’ to this date. I am obsessed with her. No other director is as obsessed as me about Madhuri,” Bhansali told.

Madhuri essayed the role of Chandramukhi in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Devdas’ (2002).

“I waited for two-and-half years during ‘Khamoshi’ at her door to ask her to read the script but I couldn’t get through to her. So I made the film without her. During ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’ also I tried but it did not happen. Then I ensured that in ‘Devdas’ Madhuri was there,” the 48-year-old director said.

“When we were doing the film she called saying she was getting married and asked if I (still) wanted her in film. I said even if you are married or have a child I want you to play Chandramukhi,” he added.

But Sanjay Leela Bhansali was upset that he had to wait for four years to see Madhuri — who was one of the judges for the fourth season of ‘Jhalak Dikhla Jaa’ — performing. I waited for four years as a director to see her dance as Chandramukhi, whereas in ‘Jhalak Dihkla Jaa’ the contestants got to see her every two minutes. I was very upset. This is unfair. I waited for four years for her. She is such a great and natural artist. She lights up the performance,” Bhansali said.

“With our busy schedules, we couldn’t meet up (when he made his latest, ‘Guzaarish’). But we did speak on phone. She saw ‘Guzaarish’ and called me saying she loved it. It meant a lot to me when she said she loved every minute of the film,” Sanjay Leela Bhansali said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News