Skip to main content

John to turn director soon…

Having worked in more than 30 films in seven years, John Abraham says audiences have become more accepting of his understated, realistic style of acting. He also wants to wield the megaphone soon and is sure of doing a good job as a director.

“I have good friends around me who are directors and related stories writers. They are all willing to sit with me, help me and formulate screenplays. I have ideas and I want to become a director very soon and when I become one, I will be damn good at it,” John told in an interview.

“Probably, five-eight years down the line, I’ll direct a film. I’m just seven years old in the industry. I want to first just settle down properly and singularly prove myself in a big way and then I will get into direction,” added the actor who will turn 38 next month.

John has worked in all genres – from Oscar nominated period drama Water to comedies Garam Masala and Dostana to issue-based New York.

Explaining his evolution as an actor, he said: “After all these years, I think I’ve become very comfortable with the medium, but more than myself I’ve seen a change in the perception of the audience towards me.

“I’ve always been an understated actor. I’m not into over-projection. When I joined the industry, there was a section of the audience that felt I was too understated. Today the same audiences have a different perception and somehow that same style of acting is working for them now.

“I really haven’t changed. I’m following my director’s brief and I’m doing exactly that. But people’s perception has changed. The sense of reality has prevailed in the mind of the audience and I think that’s the change I have seen.”

His nerdy look in Jhootha Hi Sahi failed to set the cash registers ringing, but the Bollywood hunk has not given up. He is all set to play boy-next-door in a new film.

“I’ll be starting the film in March, which will be directed by Kapil Sharma, a first time director. He is the best chief assistant director we have in the country,” said John.

“The film is about just a regular guy who gets busted by all the women in his life. It’s about a guy who learns life through the women he is with – his mother, sister, his boss, his neighbour, his girlfriend, his ex-girlfriend. It’s just about this journey. It’s amazing.”

The final title of the film is yet to be decided. “Right now it’s called The Re-education of Ishaan Sabharwal. That’s a working title,” he said.

Currently, he is busy with director Nishikant Kamat and producer Vipul Shah’s Hindi remake of Tamil blockbuster Kaakha Kaakha. The action movie also stars Genelia D’Souza.

“I have already shot 20 per cent of the film. We shot for 25 days, we have another 40-45 days left and we are done. So we finish in January end,” said John.

Is there any movie on the anvil with his actress girlfriend Bipasha Basu? Both debuted together with Jism in 2003 and were also seen as a couple in Aetbaar and Madhoshi.

The couple was last seen together in 2007 film Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal.

For More News Go @ bollywood-newz.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News