Skip to main content

Sushmita Sen wants to make people laugh

Sushmita Sen, Bollywood News
That’s why Sushmita Sen put on nine kilos for Do Knot Disturb

Not many know that Sushmita Sen was asked to put on 14 kg for her character in the movie.

"I was asked to put on 14 kg but I told Vashuji and David 'I don't think it'll be easy for me to lose that much; so let's not attempt putting it on'," she said.

"Finally I put on nine kilos, but then I had a month and a half to lose it, as I had to go back and shoot for Dulha Mil Gaya after that," she added.

Losing the extra flab wasn't an easy task for Sushmita, who now sports a toned frame.

"It was definitely a difficult task, as it required a lot of discipline. I had to stick to two-hourly eating and had to manage a workout regime. I had a very good trainer, Mupur Shikhare, and a wonderful dietician, Pooja Makhija; so these guys handled it for me and I was back on track," she said.

"I enjoy doing comedy and David Dhawan is the one who brought me into it with Biwi No.1. So every time I want to laugh and make people laugh, it is with him. He is always there for me so I end up being the same," Sushmita told IANS.

"The thing is that since he and Vashu Bhagnani (producer) both gave me Biwi No.1, I have pretty much gone with his gut instinct. When he asks me for a film, I just do it. We usually don't get down into the role or anything," she said.

The 33-year-old has earlier given three laugh-riots with Dhawan - Biwi No.1 (1999), Kyo Kii...Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta (2001) and Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya (2005).

Do Knot Disturb, a co-production by BIG Pictures and Vashu Bhagnani, is a comedy on marriage and also stars comic hero Govinda, Lara Dutta, Riteish Deshmukh and Ranvir Shorey.

Sushmita was excited about not only working with Dhawan and Bhagnani but also teaming up again with Govinda, in Do Knot Disturb, which releases on October 2.

"Whenever I get to work with this family of three, I just say 'let's do it now'. Working with them is a fantastic experience. We have formed such a relationship that there is a comfort level and I know David as a director so well that I know exactly what he wants," the actress said.

"So there is no work stress. He works in great detail...you know your scene, his style of shooting...He shoots the film at a certain pace," she explained.

"Vashu-ji, on the other hand, is a fantastic producer. He doesn't leave any stone unturned to make or promote his films. And it's just a lovely chemistry working with Govinda," she said.

So what character does she play in the comedy on marriage?

"I play Chichi's (as Govinda is fondly called) wife yet again (after Kyo Kii... Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta) but this is a very 21st Century wife and has her own takes on marriage and infidelity."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News