Skip to main content

What’s Ashutosh Gowarikar’s Raashee

http://images.taragana.com/2009/05/18/1525213858.jpg
Ashutosh Gowarikar has been in the news for everything other than his latest release What’s your Rashee?

The director is known for his outbursts at public events, the most recent being the one in which he told his leading lady Priyanka Chopra that she didn’t deserve the Best Actress Award. Priyanka was very upset but it seems that the cold war has ended, she said, “I’m very happy to have worked with Ashu Sir, a director of such calibre. I haven’t been in this biz for that long but I’m thankful that I have had the opportunity to work with him.”

Ashutosh Gowarikar is hoping that his latest flick that also stars forgotten actor Harman Baweja will have the same fate as his last blockbuster Jodhaa Akbar. “This is the first time I’ve ventured into the romantic comedy genre. I didn’t want to limit myself into the same genre and I wanted to experiment and do something light for a chance. I hope it has the same success as my earlier films, even if the audience smiles during the film, I’ll be happy,” he said.

The film which is based on the adaptation of a novel is about a young Gujarati man in pursuit of his dream girl with the catch to find her within 10 days in order to save his family from an unforeseen ordeal. Priyanka has 12 different avatars in the film and on being quizzed why Ashu didn’t choose different actresses he said, “I could have used 12 different characters but I used Priyanka because she is a fabulous actress and she’s just so versatile in order to fit into all 12 characters with ease. She has worked very hard and I’m very happy with the results.”

Nice to know both have kissed and made up but we feels that Ashutosh shouldn’t keep his hopes up for the film. The music can put anybody to sleep, Harman is unnoticeable and the length on the film could put you in a never-ending slumber. That all even before the release of the film, go figure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News