Skip to main content

Kangana Ranaut : I was tired of being depressed

Kangana Ranaut, Bollywood News
Kangna Ranaut is presenting herself in a new avatar to Bollywood — that of the romantic comedienne.

She’s shooting her very first comedy — No Problem with Akshaye Khanna — and will take up another, Tannu Weds Mannu with R Madhavan, immediately after that. This image change couldn’t have come at a better time.

Yes, I am seeing a lot of changes recently, more positive than negative thankfully,” she said of her personal and professional life. Excited about doing comedy, Kangna said, “It’s taken so long for me to do what most conventional actresses start out doing — romance or romantic comedies. But better late than never. I was tired of being depressed, now it’s time to have some fun,” she said.

Admitting she’s not too funny a person in real life, despite having a humorous side, the sexy star said, “I am glad I did the intense kind of roles early on in my career. But now I am happy with the kind of films coming my way.” And that includes Once Upon A Time In Mumbai and the Hrithik Roshan-Barbara Mori-starrer Kites, amongst others. Does she feel left out considering the film is being promoted solely with these two stars? “I have done my job, the rest is the filmmakers’ call, they can market it in whatever way they want to,” she replied, adding, “at the end of the day, it’s only good performances that’ll stand out.”

Her break-up has not really left Kangna heart-broken and hurt, or the actress is not showing any signs of it. “It’ll take a lot more than these ups and downs in life to break me,” she said. “And it’s really not as if I am working to get over anything. Work’s keeping me busy for work’s sake, but yes, it’s keeping me distracted from pondering too much about the past. I know that love hurts sometimes, but I can never stop being in love.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News