Skip to main content

Saif ali Khan, Akshay play double roles in forthcoming films

[saifdouble_full.jpg]
What is common between Akshay Kumar and Saif Ali Khan? The two are playing double roles, their characters belong to two different time zones in their forthcoming films, and the two have to spend hours preparing for their double makeover.

For Vipul Shah's "Action Replay", Akshay spends at least an hour every morning getting into a 1970s' sporty look without the help of prosthetics.

"It's the toughest role I've played. The preparation takes a lot of time. I've Paul Pattison - who did Mel Gibson's look in 'Braveheart' - doing my look. But the effort is worth it. When I look in the mirror after Paul is done, I can't recognise myself," Akshay told IANS.

If Akshay promises to look unrecognisable in "Action Replay", Saif's look in his production venture "Love Aaj Kal" (pictured above) shocked his girlfriend Kareena Kapoor.

"She couldn't recognise me at first when she saw me as a Sardarji," said Saif.

Imtiaz Ali is wielding the megaphone for Saif's production debut.

So far we've known only the fact that Saif gets into a Sardarji's get-up in the course of the narration in "Love Aaj Kal". But it's not known that the Sikh character is separate from the protagonist.

"The Sardar comes in a story within the story. Yes, I've a double role. The two characters belong to two different time zones," said Saif.

"I grew the beard fully. It had to be faked only for one day's patchwork. I give the full credit for the Sardar's look to Dolly Ahluwalia. She had earlier done a great job dressing me up as Langda Tyagi in 'Omkara'. She styled my Sardar's look in 'Love Aaj Kal," he added.

Saif hasn't done too many disguises.

"But after 'Omkara' I transform physically in 'Love Aaj Kal'. Otherwise I'm not too much into physical makeovers."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News