Skip to main content

Miss India Neha Dhupia: 'I don't consider anyone my competition'

http://www.bollynewz.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/neha-dhupia-channel-v.jpg
Former Miss India Neha Dhupia, who has as many as five films lined up this year, says that winning a beauty pageant is no guarantee for striking gold in Bollywood and that it's only hard work that finally counts.

"It's not easy to create a place for yourself in Bollywood even if you have a pageant behind you.

No one in the industry was laying out special carpets for me because I had won the Miss India contest.

You have to work hard if you want to prove something. It's taken me a long time to carve a niche for myself, but I'm glad that finally I have done it," Neha said on phone from Goa.

Neha’s releases for 2009 include Paying Guest with Mukta Arts, Pappu Can't Dance Saala and Raat Gayi Baat Gayi by actor-director Saurabh Shukla, Raftaar co-starring Emraan Hashmi and Priyadarshan's De Dhana Dan.

In Pappu Can't Dance Saala, her first release this year, Neha is acting along with funny man Vinay Pathak.

"In this comedy I'm doing with Vinay Pathak, I play the role of a Maharashtrian back-up dancer.

It was something very different for me because I'm not a Maharashtrian.

I had to learn the mannerisms of the character, who is a complete brat and a bully, but Saurabh (Shukla) helped me a lot," she explained.

Neha maintains that she has become more careful while choosing projects as she doesn't want to get typecast in a certain role.

"I'm holding myself back now and doing only interesting projects."

After winning the Miss India crown in 2002, Neha stepped into Bollywood in 2003 with Qayamat: City Under Threat, which starred Ajay Devgan.

She got noticed when she acted in Julie in 2004.

She went on to do films like Kyaa Kool Hai Hum and Shootout At Lokhandwala and tried to break her glam image with Chup Chup Ke, Mithya, Maharathi and Dasvidaniya.

"I feel in our industry you get typecast instantly.

When I started off I was offered other roles as well, but I chose the ones I did and got stuck with one image, which was hard to break.

That was a mistake and I've learnt from that. There was no guiding force for me when I entered Bollywood," Neha said.

Like many others in Bollywood, Neha too admits she would love to work with Shah Rukh Khan and Mani Ratnam, but adds that she doesn't consider anyone her competition in the industry.

"I don't consider anyone my competition.

Everyone is great and so talented. Why compete? I would rather be a collective part of the industry," the actress said

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News