Skip to main content

John Abraham : I don’t think I am that sexy



Bollywood dreamboat John Abraham who’s shooting for David Dhawan’s Hook Ya Crook. In real life, the headturner exudes easy charm, flashes his trademark dimpled smile and settles down for an interview in between shots.

Exclusive excerpts from an interview:

This is the first time you are doing a film with Genelia D’Souza, who’s also a big name in Telugu films. What’s it like working with her?
She’s great to work with. She’s normal. It’s hard to find normal people these days!

You were injured while shooting for this film. Have you recovered completely?
Every third day I am hurt (shows a gaping cut on his finger).

Tell us more about your role in the film?
Okay, I play the role of Viraj, who loves cricket. Then an incident happens in his life that lands him in prison. When I read the first draft of the script written by Renzil D’Silva, I immediately knew that this was the kind of role I always wanted to do. When I came to know that David Dhawan was directing the film, I knew that this would be one laughter riot.

Is this film a sports-thriller?
I don’t know about this new genre, but it’s a fun prison film and there’s a lot of cricket in the film. The prisoners play cricket with passion –– it’s a fight between two gangs. I was coached by Dinesh Lad, Rohit Sharma’s coach. Dinesh is so dedicated that even when I am shooting, he calls me up and says, “John, practice ke liye aa jao!” He says he wants me to be the first star to play world class cricket. I also value the suggestions my good friend Mahi (MS Dhoni) gives me. I learnt how to hold the bat right, from him.

We hear you are on a special diet these days?

Well, I do have a diet and exercise regime. A gym has been set up for me with a treadmill, home gym, Swiss balls, mats, etc. The whole cast comes and works out at the gym. I eat egg whites in any form, tuna sandwiches, brown bread and pulsed tofu.

What’s your take on marriage and how does it feel like to be called the ‘Sexiest man in Asia’?
Marriage is an institution. It needs to be respected. Coming to the ‘sexiest man’ tag, I don’t think I’m ‘tha-a-a-t’ sexy. It’s a great compliment, nevertheless.

What are the films you are working on next?
I have plans of co-producing a film with Sabal Shekawat. It’s an action thriller, a genre I’ve never done before. And I’d love to do an Anurag Kashyap film any day.

Any Hollywood projects?
Is it important to do a Hollywood film? I’d like it the other way round — what about my films going international?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News