Skip to main content

Get ready for Jaane Tu...sequel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/shropshire/content/images/2008/07/04/jaane_tu_gallery_470x320.jpg
Abbas Tyrewala’s Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na bestowed Genelia D’Souza with all that an actress could wish for.

But, that’s not all; he will soon be making a sequel to the teenybopper film. Giving us a peak into the film, Abbas Tyrewala says, “It starts with Jai (Imran Khan) and Aditi (Genelia D’Souza) having problems in their marriage. They are on the verge of a divorce after Jai ends up drunk and having a onenight-stand.”

This validates Genelia’s participation in the sequel and she is on cloud nine. “A film like Jaane Tu doesn’t happen every day,” says Genelia, “It fell into my lap by chance. All of us in Jaane Tu have got busy. Everyone went their way. I’ve been working round the clock on my films and endorsements. But whenever I meet Abbas or Imran, we feel the same warmth that we felt during the making of the film. It would be fun for the whole team to be reunited.”

However, Jaane Tu’s other gifted supporting players who played Imran and Genelia’s college friends haven’t found a single significant offer in Bollywood. But Genelia is past all this. “I haven’t been sitting at home waiting for the sequel to happen. Now, I have almost finished two other films: Its My Life with Harman Baweja and Life Partner opposite Fardeen Khan. Also, I’ve just begun shooting for David Dhawan’s Hook Ya Crook where I play a lawyer, which is the only prominent female character in the film.”

Abbas has said that it was a conscious decision to not make Jaane Tu’s sequel immediately because he wanted to let the characters mature in his mind. He will focus his attention on the sequel after finishing 1-800-Love, which features his wife Pakhi and John Abraham and will go on the floors next month in London.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News