Skip to main content

Bollywood Beauties Fitness Mantra "Power yoga"

http://counterknowledge.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/shilpa18032mj9.jpg
Bollywood Beauties Kareena Kapoor, Shilpa Shetty and Kangana Ranaut are among those banking on power yoga to shed extra pounds and look picture perfect at all times.

New age fitness gurus and yoga teachers who train Bollywood stars say the benefits of power yoga - a fast-paced and strenuous variant of the traditional Indian fitness technique - are indeed rewarding.

http://www.justonbollywood.com/images/kareena-kapoor-yoga.jpg
Power yoga and fitness consultant Leena Mogre, who has trained the likes of Katrina Kaif, Kangana and Sameera Reddy among others, says celebrities are increasingly getting hooked to power yoga.

"Most celebrities go for power yoga, which is a dynamic form of the art. They are getting inclined towards it because the benefits are beautiful and it has spiritual, meditational and overall advantages," Mogre told IANS.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KKEqD3B2vu0/SBLAGtZPgLI/AAAAAAAABFs/grUTYCsBXHI/s400/katrina_kaif_boobs.jpg
"Suddenly everyone has realised the importance and the worth of this form, which is really good. It is great for the body and if a good combination of yoga and other exercises are adopted, the results are great," she said.

Power yoga includes strenuous exercises and this trend started during the mid-1990s. The who's who of Bollywood now boast of having adopted the method to acquire a perfect figure.

"I am completely into yoga. I think yoga has changed my life. My morning yoga practice that I do for an hour-and-a-half every day is something that keeps me going," said Kareena, whose toned body and size zero became the talk of the town.

"The day I don't do it, I feel that my day doesn't go well and I haven't completed a task that I had to do," she added.

Shilpa, who has one of the best bodies in Hindi filmdom, is into yoga in a big way and even brought out a CD called "Shilpa's Yoga", which was released in June 2008.

http://www.nancarrow-webdesk.com/warehouse/storage2/2008-w35/img.329093_t.jpg
"Yoga keeps my mind, body and soul fit. I had a neck problem and suffered from chronic spondylitis. So I started practicing yoga. I took professional training and it really benefited," the actress told IANS.

"I don't believe in starving myself to remain thin. I eat well, work out and practise yoga to remain healthy. If you want to get peace for the mind, body and soul, yoga is the only answer," she added.

http://i1.tinypic.com/435z91k.jpg
While young actresses have opted for power yoga, yesteryear beauties like Hema Malini and Rekha stick to the traditional yoga form and maintain that the practice has helped them maintain their charisma and keeps health problems at bay.

"Apart from dancing, one thing that I swear by is yoga. That's the secret of my fitness," Hema Malini had said.

Getting inspired by the well-toned frames and sculpted bodies of our cine stars, health-conscious Indians too are embracing yoga in a big way.

"I have been gymming for the past two years, but somehow didn't get the desired results. Then I came to know that most people from the film world are making yoga a part of their fitness regimes and getting desirable bodies. So I also took to yoga and do it regularly," Pallavi Dasgupta, a 22-year-old MBA student, told IANS.

Even yoga instructors are getting lucrative deals in terms of increased clientele.

"In the recent past, my clientele has increased. Especially young girls inspired by Kareena Kapoor, who lost oodles of weight owing to yoga, are coming to me to lose those extra kilos," said Yatharth Sehajpal, a Delhi-based yoga instructor.

Source: Indo-Asian News Service

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vivek Oberoi: I am a Tamilian

  Vivek Oberoi:-  I am a Tamilian Vivek Oberoi has said he has great affinity for Tamil Nadu Movies and that he makes sure that he visits his grand-parents in Chennai regularly. Vivek Oberoi in an interview to Tamil media earlier had said ‘Naanum Thamizhkarandhan’ (means ‘ I am also a Tamilian ’). Vivek Oberoi earned the good will of Tamil Nadu people when he adopted a Tamil Nadu village devastated by the killer Tsunami in 2004. Vivek’s next two big films have a solid Tamil connection. The immediate ‘ Prince ’ is being dubbed and released in Tamil on April 9. The following ‘ Raktha Charithra ’ by Ram Gopal Varma in which Suriya is also playing an important role is a multi lingual and that too will be released as a direct Tamil version. The most highlighting factor about these films is that Vivek Oberoi will speak Tamil himself for the dubbing. When Suriya and Vikram are learning Hindi for their Bollywood debuts, Vivek Oberoi comes to Kollywood already knowing Tamil. For More

Rani Mukherjee's sexy in her bikini

Bollywood Actress Rani Mukherjee's sexy in her bikini In Dil Bole Hadippa Believe it or not, but the whole ‘bikini top ‘n’ skimpy shorts’ avatar in short — flaunting Rani Mukerji’s hot new bod wasn’t her idea. Not even the producer or director had anything to do with it. After she realised how much she had toned up (to play a male cricketer in Dil Bole Hadippa!), Rani just happened to discuss this idea with her designer friend Manish Malhotra. And from there on it was Manish’s game plan, after all, he’s transformed many a Bollywood girl in to glam queens. He suggested that it would be a pity to waste such a well-toned body by not showing it off. That’s how the idea of a special song was born. And is she looking hot? Talk about her ‘shapely’ success, and Rani says, “Believe me, I didn’t starve at all. I love my food, especially rice and sweets. There was no way I was giving up all that. So, I just worked out harder and was occasionally allowed my ‘cheat’ meals of rice, sweets, etc.

Bollywood: John Abraham’s Slum Connection

Bollywood New Movie Slumdog Millionaire has definitely made the slums of Mumbai a little popular. Perhaps this is why they are so welcoming to every director who wants to make a film on their lifestyle. John Abraham’s fortcoming film Hook Ya Crook is also one of those films shot in the Chikalwadi Chawl of Mumbai. This film is directed by David Dhawan and John Abraham playes a cricketer who resides in the chawl. In a song John and Genelia D’Souza dance to a tapori-ish number with the typical tapori dance steps. The residents of the slum were delighted to see the stars around and cheered for the unit as they worked. John Abraham added to their delight by giving them autographs and taking pictures with them.