Skip to main content

Slumdog Millionaire Actress Freida Pinto on cloud nine

BAFTA+LA+Awards+Season+Tea+Party+6TUQzJGNv6Al.jpg

Slumdog Millionaire Actress Freida Pinto is the star of the moment, with everybody noticing her for being a part of Golden Globe winner and Oscar nominated Slumdog Millionaire.

Ask her about her dream debut and she says, “I need to treasure these moments for the rest of my life. For someone who’s never acted before, this break was a blessing. Working for Danny Boyle was like attending the best acting school. When we started working, he told me, ‘Life isn’t always the same. Brace yourself for the world!’ The attention does get overwhelming at times and I’m still getting used to it. I’m a shy, reserved girl. Even when today someone compliments me, I get very embarrassed.”

Ask her if the world has changed for her after Slumdog Millionaire and she says, “Not at all. I’m still the same, sensitive and simple girl who always dreamed about being an actress. The only thing that’s changed is that the girl walking around in jeans and tees has now taken to wearing designer dresses. Being in the public eye is unnerving at times but I think it’s a small price everyone pays for fame. But I keep telling myself all the time — I’m an actor, not a star.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News