Skip to main content

I’m not Superman: Akshay Kumar

http://specials.rediff.com/entertai/2005/oct/06akshay1.jpg
Bollywood’s action Star who laughs, cries, sings, dances and kick boxes in the film that producer Warner Bros’ American audiences and the Hollywood press (also, Indian kids) actually enjoyed, is standing on his feet having taken the punches squarely on the chin... BT put him on the mat and got him to deliver straight replies to some more punches...

With this flop, it’s being said your golden spell is over..
But my so-called flop has generated Rs 45 crore in the first weekend... it’s the fourth highest, three-day box office collection in the history of Bollywood. Besides, I never said this was the greatest film ever made. I told everyone, ‘It’s a senseless film, leave your brains at home.’ I accept it for what it is, I love it for what it is, and I will stand by it and say that’s the film we wanted to make and we made. I pray you like it, and I’m sorry if you don’t. But I didn’t break my back doing it to have my own fraternity later stab me from behind...

But you’re hugely successful, you had the opportunity to choose ... did you make the right choice?
I accept failure, no problem; failing isn’t the scary part, reading newpapers is what brings me out in a cold sweat! Mistakes I can live with, but regret is one thing I can do without. I did my best, I’m not Superman, if I never fall how will I pick myself up to climb again!

Shekhar Suman says you ought to apologise for CC2C...
Bollywood is a family, if you have a problem come to my house and discuss it with me over tea, don’t poison the minds of our public. Have you ever heard me hurt anyone? But Shekhar Suman’s not the only one. His son’s film releases tomorrow and I wish him the very best. I hope no one ever talks about Shekhar Suman’s son the same way he spoke about me.

Where does CC2C leave you?
Thank God I’m not considered number one or anything of the sort. I’m happy being the underdog that has to struggle. It’s what I’m used to doing and it’s where I’m happiest. I can get on with being the dude who just wants to make films. Wish me luck...

What is the road ahead like?
Bumpy, full of pot-holes, but I’ll reach my destination.. I work hard, I do good things with my money, and all I want to do at the end of the day is go home and play with my innocent son. No film, no money and no amount of success is more precious than that. I’m lucky, every month my son’s dying to see another one of my films!

People say you’ve lost your trademark modesty with success...
No one can ever take away my modesty. I haven’t changed since the day I started, in fact I’m even more mellow now than I used to be. People are dying to pull me down. I understand why. But I won’t become too big for my boots. Have I ever thrown my weight around or abused my position in the industry? Why do you think after all the flops I am still here!

You gave away your Best Actor award in the Popular category to Aamir Khan. People claim that magnanimity was not the reason behind your grand gesture...
Of course they will, you only hear crap about me around release time; they did it to me before Singh Is Kinng and are doing it again now. I gave my award to Aamir because I felt he deserved it. Just because he doesn’t turn up for awards doesn’t mean I can pretend it doesn’t belong to him. I was honoured to be given the award and, to be honest, it took a lot for me to give it away. Aamir knows why I did what I did, he understands me, why can’t people? Everybody’s not corrupt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vivek Oberoi: I am a Tamilian

  Vivek Oberoi:-  I am a Tamilian Vivek Oberoi has said he has great affinity for Tamil Nadu Movies and that he makes sure that he visits his grand-parents in Chennai regularly. Vivek Oberoi in an interview to Tamil media earlier had said ‘Naanum Thamizhkarandhan’ (means ‘ I am also a Tamilian ’). Vivek Oberoi earned the good will of Tamil Nadu people when he adopted a Tamil Nadu village devastated by the killer Tsunami in 2004. Vivek’s next two big films have a solid Tamil connection. The immediate ‘ Prince ’ is being dubbed and released in Tamil on April 9. The following ‘ Raktha Charithra ’ by Ram Gopal Varma in which Suriya is also playing an important role is a multi lingual and that too will be released as a direct Tamil version. The most highlighting factor about these films is that Vivek Oberoi will speak Tamil himself for the dubbing. When Suriya and Vikram are learning Hindi for their Bollywood debuts, Vivek Oberoi comes to Kollywood already knowing Tamil. For More

Rani Mukherjee's sexy in her bikini

Bollywood Actress Rani Mukherjee's sexy in her bikini In Dil Bole Hadippa Believe it or not, but the whole ‘bikini top ‘n’ skimpy shorts’ avatar in short — flaunting Rani Mukerji’s hot new bod wasn’t her idea. Not even the producer or director had anything to do with it. After she realised how much she had toned up (to play a male cricketer in Dil Bole Hadippa!), Rani just happened to discuss this idea with her designer friend Manish Malhotra. And from there on it was Manish’s game plan, after all, he’s transformed many a Bollywood girl in to glam queens. He suggested that it would be a pity to waste such a well-toned body by not showing it off. That’s how the idea of a special song was born. And is she looking hot? Talk about her ‘shapely’ success, and Rani says, “Believe me, I didn’t starve at all. I love my food, especially rice and sweets. There was no way I was giving up all that. So, I just worked out harder and was occasionally allowed my ‘cheat’ meals of rice, sweets, etc.

Bollywood: John Abraham’s Slum Connection

Bollywood New Movie Slumdog Millionaire has definitely made the slums of Mumbai a little popular. Perhaps this is why they are so welcoming to every director who wants to make a film on their lifestyle. John Abraham’s fortcoming film Hook Ya Crook is also one of those films shot in the Chikalwadi Chawl of Mumbai. This film is directed by David Dhawan and John Abraham playes a cricketer who resides in the chawl. In a song John and Genelia D’Souza dance to a tapori-ish number with the typical tapori dance steps. The residents of the slum were delighted to see the stars around and cheered for the unit as they worked. John Abraham added to their delight by giving them autographs and taking pictures with them.