Skip to main content

Working with Aamir Khan is a treat: Sharman Joshi

http://www.sawf.org/Newsphotos/Bollywood/SharmanJoshi12Oct2007.jpg
Sharman Joshi, who will reunite with 'Rang De Basanti' co-star Aamir Khan in Rajkumar Hirani's upcoming venture 'Three Idiots', says working with the superstar "is purely a treat."

"Working with Aamir all over again is truly a treat. He is a superb actor. We had a great time working in 'Rang De Basanti' and in this film we have kind of taken up from where we left off," Sharman told IANS in an interview.

"We had lots of fun, on and off the sets of 'Three Idiots'. It's kind of a reunion since R. Madhavan who was with us in 'Rang De...' is also a part of the film," he added.

The film, which is loosely based on Chetan Bhagat's bestseller "Five Point Someone", is being produced by Vidhu Vinod Chopra and stars Kareena Kapoor and Boman Irani also in pivotal roles.

Sharman made his film debut in 1999 with 'Godmother', which had Shabana Azmi in the title role, and received rave reviews for his performance as the protagonist's troubled son. After that he featured in films like 'Lajja', 'Golmaal', 'Dhol' and 'Life In A... Metro' among others.

Although the actor has always been part of films with ensemble casts, he says it was not a "conscious decision."

"It was not a conscious decision to only be a part of ensemble cast. Single hero roles were offered to me, but in my mind I didn't find them to be very interesting in terms of the script and my part in the film. So that's the reason why people have not seen me in solo hero films," Sharman said.

"However, I have done one film as a single hero and it will be out soon," he added.

Sharman says that small, big, cameo, whatever the part is, he always gives his best shot.

"I give my 100 percent to my work. I give it my focus, my time. Whatever the length of the part I'm playing in a film, I've always given it my best. I can do any role under the sun no matter how wild the imagination of the writer can get. I am willing to take it up and do my best as long as it excites me," he said.

Sharman was in the capital to promote his film "Sorry Bhai" co-starring Sanjay Suri, Chitrangada Singh, Boman Irani and Shabana.

The actor says he was lucky to share the screen space with Shabana in 'Sorry Bhai!'

"It was a pleasure working with Shabana. I have worked with her in 'Godmother' and now after nine years I got a chance to work with her all over again. Just to be on the sets with her and share the same screen space with her is actually an honour," he said.

He will also be seen in Tips Films' 'Toh Baat Pakki' and Ravi Walia's 'Allah Ke Bande' apart from 'Three Idiots'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News