Skip to main content

Bollywood Latest News: I follow Akshay into projects: Katrina Kaif

http://bollywood101.com/UserFiles/2008/8/9/176759.jpg
British-born Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif, who has given many hits with Akshay Kumar, says she trusts the star's script sense and often follows him into projects. Katrina's last hit with Akshay was Singh is Kinng.

"He has a fantastic script sense. And you know, when he's doing it, it will work. Not that I go blindly into films that feature him. But, yes, he does have a fantastic knowledge of what works at the box office. That explains our success ratio together," Katrina said.

Interestingly, in Vipul Shah's Namastey London, Katrina had the main role while Akshay played the supporting part. The tables were turned in Singh Is Kinng. But Katrina says she wasn't allowed to complain.

"Every time I'd start complaining about the size of my role, Akshay would order me to go and stand in a corner and repeat Namastey London five times and be quiet. He's right. He needn't have done Namastey London, which was the girl's story," said Katrina who teamed up with Akshay in Welcome as well.

After doing out and out commercial roles, Katrina changes gear with Prakash Jha's Rajneeti in which she'll go from a young student to a married woman, and beyond.

"I didn't think I was ready to do something like this. But then I heard the script and I couldn't resist it. Maybe because Prakashji is such a good narrator, I fell in love with my character," she said.

She feels if Rajneeti works, it will bring an interesting turn to her career.

"I'm doing enough hardcore commercial films. At this juncture of my career I can afford to do something that challenges me. As long as the script is entertaining, I'm all for it.

"As for my character, she's a light-hearted character to begin with. Later she grows serious and ambitious. If it works, it can do a lot for my career."

Katrina has a spate of releases lined up including Hello, Yuvraaj and Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani.

"Is that a bad thing? A lot of my films have run into one another, films that I had committed to way in advance. These are things I can't control. And I really want to do these films. Or I wouldn't be doing them in the first place."

However, Katrina won't be taken for granted by people around her.

"You've to stand your ground. I can't please everyone all the time. I've realised that."

Source-sify.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News