Skip to main content

Akshay Kumar is the biggest metrosexual star


Designer Rocky S has clothed Bollywood star Akshay Kumar for eight long years and says the actor is the most stylish and metrosexual man around.

"I have worked with Akshay for eight years. I really respect him for the way he has groomed himself. He has become one of the biggest metrosexual stars, most stylish fashion icon and he is so successful that I am proud of him. Just look from where he has come and where he has reached," Rocky told IANS.

However, he is no longer designing for Akshay.

"I started designing for Akshay in 1992. But I stopped working with him in 2000 because I had to move on. Also, both of us needed to take a break from each other," he added.

Unlike most other Indian designers who started their career by showcasing their collections at fashion shows, Rocky started his stint designing for Bollywood stars.

"I started 16 years back. At that time the only opportunity I got was in Bollywood. I think it was good for me as it has created awareness about my brand. I have met a lot of actors who want to wear clothes designed by me."

Currently Rocky's clientele includes big names like John Abraham, Katrina Kaif, Bipasha Basu and Shilpa Shetty.

Rocky claimed: "The people I dress up are the best dressed. They are really great with clothes. They have a great body to carry off anything and they have a good style of their own."

Talking about the likings of his female clients, he added: "Shilpa likes deeper and rich Indian colours. She likes to wear emerald, she loves red and it really suits her. Even Bipasha likes red. Katrina likes pastel and lighter shades."

His most recent project was the hit flick Singh Is Kinng. He dressed Katrina in the film and is also working with her in Yuvraj. Apart from that he has designed Bipasha's clothes for Pankh and Kangana Ranaut's for Raaz - The Mystery Continues".

Rocky says designing for the actors is challenging.

"It is fun to work with actors and also challenging to make them look different every time. It is also a challenge for them to get into a character every time with different clothes and looks. A lot of hard work is required in Bollywood."

On an average, Rocky takes up almost four projects in a year.

The Mumbai-based designer entered mainstream fashion around 1997 to cater to the general public. He introduced the collection under his label Rocky S.

"When I started, fashion was not even taking off in a very big manner and I think it was after four to five years that I felt the need to do creative work for myself. That's when I started doing clothes that were more wearable and saleable.

"I came at the right time for mainstream fashion. Luckily, I have kept a very good balance between Bollywood and mainstream fashion till now," he said.

He is gearing up to participate in the upcoming Spring-Summer edition of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) to be held in the capital Oct 15-19.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vivek Oberoi: I am a Tamilian

  Vivek Oberoi:-  I am a Tamilian Vivek Oberoi has said he has great affinity for Tamil Nadu Movies and that he makes sure that he visits his grand-parents in Chennai regularly. Vivek Oberoi in an interview to Tamil media earlier had said ‘Naanum Thamizhkarandhan’ (means ‘ I am also a Tamilian ’). Vivek Oberoi earned the good will of Tamil Nadu people when he adopted a Tamil Nadu village devastated by the killer Tsunami in 2004. Vivek’s next two big films have a solid Tamil connection. The immediate ‘ Prince ’ is being dubbed and released in Tamil on April 9. The following ‘ Raktha Charithra ’ by Ram Gopal Varma in which Suriya is also playing an important role is a multi lingual and that too will be released as a direct Tamil version. The most highlighting factor about these films is that Vivek Oberoi will speak Tamil himself for the dubbing. When Suriya and Vikram are learning Hindi for their Bollywood debuts, Vivek Oberoi comes to Kollywood already knowing Tamil. For More

Rani Mukherjee's sexy in her bikini

Bollywood Actress Rani Mukherjee's sexy in her bikini In Dil Bole Hadippa Believe it or not, but the whole ‘bikini top ‘n’ skimpy shorts’ avatar in short — flaunting Rani Mukerji’s hot new bod wasn’t her idea. Not even the producer or director had anything to do with it. After she realised how much she had toned up (to play a male cricketer in Dil Bole Hadippa!), Rani just happened to discuss this idea with her designer friend Manish Malhotra. And from there on it was Manish’s game plan, after all, he’s transformed many a Bollywood girl in to glam queens. He suggested that it would be a pity to waste such a well-toned body by not showing it off. That’s how the idea of a special song was born. And is she looking hot? Talk about her ‘shapely’ success, and Rani says, “Believe me, I didn’t starve at all. I love my food, especially rice and sweets. There was no way I was giving up all that. So, I just worked out harder and was occasionally allowed my ‘cheat’ meals of rice, sweets, etc.

Bollywood: John Abraham’s Slum Connection

Bollywood New Movie Slumdog Millionaire has definitely made the slums of Mumbai a little popular. Perhaps this is why they are so welcoming to every director who wants to make a film on their lifestyle. John Abraham’s fortcoming film Hook Ya Crook is also one of those films shot in the Chikalwadi Chawl of Mumbai. This film is directed by David Dhawan and John Abraham playes a cricketer who resides in the chawl. In a song John and Genelia D’Souza dance to a tapori-ish number with the typical tapori dance steps. The residents of the slum were delighted to see the stars around and cheered for the unit as they worked. John Abraham added to their delight by giving them autographs and taking pictures with them.