Skip to main content

'SRK's a great guy, so’s Hrithik’

http://www.gobollywood.com/pictures/srk-hrithik.jpg
Ramp scorcher, heartbreaker, film producer, doting dad, loving husband and actor. Sounds too many words for one man?

Believe it those words are best suited to describe Arjun Rampal. From being a dashing goodlooker who would make women make catcalls at him when he strutted his stuff on the runway to the sober, mellowed down actor, Arjun’s sure come a long way.

His filmi trek might have had some interruptions and some films turning out to be commercial letdowns, but life’s rocking after his negative role in Om Shanti Om. Finally, this will be an year when he has two new films to flaunt: Rock On !! and The Last Lear .
TOI caught him in a relaxed mood.

“Life’s a rock party. I have been into rock music since childhood. That’s because my father was into music. I have always enjoyed listening to Beatles, Pink Floyd, Bob Marley. Slowly I started developing my own taste and started listening to alternative music. For my new film, I even learnt the guitar.”

Model mission

Even now, after so many years of being an actor, I’m still haunted by insensitive questions like, ‘Can models act’. Of course they can. It hurts when sometimes people make this snap judgement. Every model who wants to be an actor is here to do his best. This is like asking a long jumper, can he run! Thanks to Om Shanti Om, I am in a position where I can afford to choose my work.

Buddy, buddy batein

I know some people like to speculate even about my friendship with Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan? What about it? We are just friends like normal people. In fact, I don’t like talking about my friendships and personal life at all! The minute we start talking about our friendships, some controversy is created somewhere. So it’s better to steer clear of commenting about friends. Harmless statements can get blown out of proportion. Having said that, I have to say, Shah Rukh and I do go a long way.We are both from Delhi and we got to know each other better during the making of Don-The Chase Begins and the Temptations tour. Shah’s a great guy and so is Hrithik. And yes, both are good friends.

Producing dreams

I think I failed as a producer. I See You did not do well because we failed to create enough buzz about the film. Marketing a film well and creating hype are important. We will have to be more cautious now.

Male casting couch

We are asked about the casting couch billions of times. Let me tell you, that I never succumbed to any such pressures. Success doesn’t come easy, so obviously like the female casting couch there is a male casting couch!

Daddy cool

I feel blessed to have two daughters who mean the world to me. My little one is three and the older one is six. It feels great to enjoy their childhood!

Bol Bollywood

I would truly like to be part of films, which take entertainment to a new level. I know I have a long way to go so far as acting is concerned, but it will be great, if I am able to bring in some alignment in the kind of work that is done in Bollywood.
Source-timesofindia.indiatimes.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vivek Oberoi: I am a Tamilian

  Vivek Oberoi:-  I am a Tamilian Vivek Oberoi has said he has great affinity for Tamil Nadu Movies and that he makes sure that he visits his grand-parents in Chennai regularly. Vivek Oberoi in an interview to Tamil media earlier had said ‘Naanum Thamizhkarandhan’ (means ‘ I am also a Tamilian ’). Vivek Oberoi earned the good will of Tamil Nadu people when he adopted a Tamil Nadu village devastated by the killer Tsunami in 2004. Vivek’s next two big films have a solid Tamil connection. The immediate ‘ Prince ’ is being dubbed and released in Tamil on April 9. The following ‘ Raktha Charithra ’ by Ram Gopal Varma in which Suriya is also playing an important role is a multi lingual and that too will be released as a direct Tamil version. The most highlighting factor about these films is that Vivek Oberoi will speak Tamil himself for the dubbing. When Suriya and Vikram are learning Hindi for their Bollywood debuts, Vivek Oberoi comes to Kollywood already knowing Tamil. For More

Rani Mukherjee's sexy in her bikini

Bollywood Actress Rani Mukherjee's sexy in her bikini In Dil Bole Hadippa Believe it or not, but the whole ‘bikini top ‘n’ skimpy shorts’ avatar in short — flaunting Rani Mukerji’s hot new bod wasn’t her idea. Not even the producer or director had anything to do with it. After she realised how much she had toned up (to play a male cricketer in Dil Bole Hadippa!), Rani just happened to discuss this idea with her designer friend Manish Malhotra. And from there on it was Manish’s game plan, after all, he’s transformed many a Bollywood girl in to glam queens. He suggested that it would be a pity to waste such a well-toned body by not showing it off. That’s how the idea of a special song was born. And is she looking hot? Talk about her ‘shapely’ success, and Rani says, “Believe me, I didn’t starve at all. I love my food, especially rice and sweets. There was no way I was giving up all that. So, I just worked out harder and was occasionally allowed my ‘cheat’ meals of rice, sweets, etc.

Bollywood: John Abraham’s Slum Connection

Bollywood New Movie Slumdog Millionaire has definitely made the slums of Mumbai a little popular. Perhaps this is why they are so welcoming to every director who wants to make a film on their lifestyle. John Abraham’s fortcoming film Hook Ya Crook is also one of those films shot in the Chikalwadi Chawl of Mumbai. This film is directed by David Dhawan and John Abraham playes a cricketer who resides in the chawl. In a song John and Genelia D’Souza dance to a tapori-ish number with the typical tapori dance steps. The residents of the slum were delighted to see the stars around and cheered for the unit as they worked. John Abraham added to their delight by giving them autographs and taking pictures with them.