Skip to main content

I'd do anything Amitabh asks me to: Akshay Kumar

Akshay Kumar's life has become a crazy blur of activities. He has been shooting non-stop in LA for Sajid Nadiadwala's Kambakth Ishq. He shot with Sylvester Stallone last week and then flew for a day on Friday to Toronto to be part of the Bachchans' first 'Unforgettable' concert.

The concert on Friday night went off spectacularly. On Sunday he was back in LA shooting for Kambakth Ishq. Says a source, "Since it's a stuntman's role Akshay has been given to do some of the most complicated stunts of his career. And there's no question of using body doubles. Akshay has decided to do all the stunts himself. How can he play a body double and get a body double to do the action scenes? Akshay wouldn't allow it although the producer Sajid Nadiadwala thought some stunts were way too dangerous. Out there at Universal Studios, all Hollywood actors are insured against dangerous stunts."

As though going black and blue with the breathtaking stunts wasn't enough, Akshay was also moonlighting in LA doing dance rehearsals for the Bachchan's 'Unforgettable' tour. Speaking from LA, Akshay said, "I joined the Bachchans for the first of their 'Unforgettable' concerts on Friday night (July 18) in Toronto. With the shooting and the rehearsals, I didn't know whether I was coming or going."

This is the only concert in the Bachchans' 'Unforgettable' tour that Akshay participated in. "There's no time for me to cram in any more activity," says Akshay who's currently stationed in LA with his wife and son, "far away from the maddening gossip and idle talk in Mumbai. I'm not bothered with what they're saying about me at home. And I'm happy that way."

More happiness spilled out when Akshay shot with Sylvester Stallone. "He had no time at all for the concert. But he's doing this for the love of the Bachchans. Akshay really respects the Bachchans. And Abhishek is one of his favourite co-stars. When Abhishek was still struggling, Akshay has predicted he'd be a star. Akshay really believed in Abhishek. When he was offered the concerts with the Bachchans, he accepted one performance as a token gesture and that too in Toronto which is like a second home to Akshay," reveals a source very close to the actor.

Adds Akshay, "Amitabh is the most respected actor in our country. I'd do anything he asks me to. I wanted to do the concert in Toronto and I'm glad it went well."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News