Skip to main content

Bret Lee in form for Bollywood debut

http://www.hinduonnet.com/tss/tss2609/images/20030301006000802.jpg
Australian speedster Brett Lee is geared up to showcase his cricketing skills on the big screen with his Bollywood debut in Manmohan Shetty’s “Victory”. Lee would be playing himself in the movie.

“Working in the movie was fun because I just got to play myself. I enjoyed the whole experience,” Lee said on the sidelines of an event here Monday.

Sharing his on-shoot experiences, he added: “We used to play a lot of cricket on the sets and my co-stars got many cricketing tips from me.”

“Victory” is the story of a small-town cricketer played by Harman Baweja who makes it big in the international cricket scene. He is helped by Lee in the movie to realise his dreams.

Other Australian players - Michael Hussey, Brad Hogg and Stuart Clark will also share screen space in the movie for the first time along with Lee.

Apart from claiming wickets, Lee shares a passion for music. He also did a song and music video for legendary singer Asha Bhosle’s album “Asha and friends”.

“I am a music lover and I can hear anything from ‘Metallica’ to ‘Backstreet Boys’,” Lee added.

Lee’s love for music is evident by his habit of playing either the guitar or the piano everyday.

“Music is the real stress buster for me, so at the end of a busy day, I play some instrument or listen to good music to uplift my spirits,” he said.

When asked about his take on the emerging tie-ups between the fashion and sports world, Lee said both were different fields that should not be mixed.

Queried about his fashion statement, he quipped: “Fashion is just like music to me. I like to carry myself well and my fashion statement is just to be oneself.”

Lee, who is a busy person because of hectic cricket tours and other assignments, is a home person whenever he gets the time.

“The family always comes first, so I love to be with them whenever I get time. My home is the ultimate holiday destination for me,” he concluded.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News