Skip to main content

With five films already in hand, Harman is nervous!

Harman Baweja, who debuts in the much-hyped futuristic film Love Story 2050, admits that he's truly nervous about getting signed on by five top filmmakers even before his first film is out.

The newcomer is the only debutant to have got five big banner projects in his kitty, including films by established directors like Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Ashutosh Gowariker, Anees Bazmee and Manmohan Shetty.

Harman is nervous and says there is already a lot of pressure to perform and live up to these ace directors' expectations.

"These are such great filmmakers. They've just seen my first film's rushes... that is my baby step towards filmdom. Pressure increases manifold since it is happening even before my first release," the actor said.

Harman revealed little-known facets about his personality like his passion for dance and how he had learnt Kathak for over a year.

"I love dancing though I am not technically into it. Kamal Haasan's Tandav inspired me to train in Kathak for a year and a half. Otherwise, all my childhood I've imitated Michael Jackson and Prabhu Deva," Harman said.

Averting comparisons between him and Hrithik Roshan, he said: "He [Hrithik] is extremely senior and has been in the industry for 10 years and proved his mettle. It is sort of bringing him down by comparing him with me.

"I am not actually competing with anyone. Acting is not a sport; it's creativity. I enjoy doing what I am doing and I'll continue doing it."

Asked about his on-screen chemistry with girlfriend Priyanka Chopra in Love Story 2050, Harman said: "Priyanka is my senior and has worked far more than me. She got involved in the whole process as a team. She's a perfect co-star."

The debutant says the film, which releases on July 4, is very special for him as his whole family was involved in its making.

"Love Story 2050 is very personal and that's the USP of the film. It's not a home production; it's a production at home," he quipped.

"My dad has directed the film, my mom's produced it while my sister is the senior assistant director, apart from me acting in it!"

He added: "I have to do a lot of justice to the movie, my parents and Adlabs who've invested in it."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News