Skip to main content

"I will go solo too" - Riteish Deshmukh

One suspects Riteish Deshmukh to get irritated, in fact really irritated, on being prodded incessantly about his long delayed solo hero act. However, to one's pleasant surprise, he is quite patient when the query is raised and surprises by saying that going solo is indeed in his mind now.

"If you look at my career graph in last few months, I have been making a conscious effort to be seen with lesser heroes around me", he smiles, "I have been seen in four hero films and also three hero films. Off late, I am also making progress on being a part of two hero films. Soon it should be time to solo too!"

In last few months, Riteish has been seen in Cash (Ajay Devgan, Suneil Shetty, Zayed Khan) and Dhamaal (Sanjay Dutt, Arshad Warsi, Javed Jaffrey, Aashish Chaudhary) where he was surrounded by number of men. Earlier too, Malamaal Weekly and Apna Sapna Money Money were multi starrers though the latter clearly had Riteish as the key man.

Later he went on to deliver yet another success in the form of Heyy Babyy where he was next only to Akshay Kumar in spite of Fardeen Khan being the senior colleague.

"I am happy with the progress I am making", adds Riteish, "Now in Sajid Khan's Housefull, which is a two hero project, I am there with Akshay Kumar. Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai is another good project in the making. I play this guy from planet Earth while Ayesha Takia is the girl from Venus. The film stars the young boy Ruslaan Mumtaz (of Mera Pehla Pehla Pyaar fame) as well."

While Housefull and Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai are waiting to happen, Riteish already has a two hero film closer home. Come 20th June and De Taali, where he shares screen space with Aftab Shivdasani, would hit the screens.

"The film is coming at just the right time when a comedy like this should make an impact", informs Riteish, "I love the kind of gags that have been incorporated in the film."

Before year end, Riteish would be seen in Aladin And The Mystery Of The Lamp where he plays the title role of Aladin. The Sujoy Ghosh starrer features Amitabh Bachchan as Genius - The Genie along with Sanjay Dutt as a 'lovable villain' - as put by Ghosh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News