Skip to main content

Bollywood gossip: What`s cooking in filmdom

Actress Diya Mirza, known for her prim and proper image in films, is currently enjoying being bad in Suparn Verma's Acid Factory.

Diya is the only woman in the entire script and plays a girl locked up in a factory with four men with apparently no way out. She is being made to do the most impossible stunts, but the actress doesn't mind.

"What I enjoy is being one of the boys. I'm doing everything that the boys are being made to do. And that includes all the stunts," Diya reveals.

"After playing dainty, utterly feminine roles I'm enjoying being put on a harness, dangling from ropes, jumping from heights, kicking and punching. In spite of my dainty image, I've always been a tomboy," she added.

What Diya enjoys even more is being mean. "My character is bad through and through. No apologies. No justification. She just enjoys being bad. I like bringing that dark side of me out on screen because that's the way I can tap into it in real life.

"I like the surprise element in my role in Acid Factory. I remember seeing a film with Julia Roberts where she was a school teacher by day and quite naughty in the night," said Diya, who entered Bollywood with Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein opposite Madhavan.

Other than Acid Factory, Diya is also doing Shoojit Sircar's Shoebite. And she's just finished shooting with Amitabh Bachchan.

"Though we were co-stars in Shootout At Lokhandwala, we didn't have any scenes together. In Shoebite most of my vital scenes are with Mr Bachchan. And believe me, it was like going to acting school. He taught me one thing I'll never forget - 'To be a good actor you've to be a good listener'. I'm going to follow that mantra," says Diya.

She admits being an introvert and says it was little difficult to play an aggressive role.

"It was hard for me to come out and play the aggressive bad girl in Acid Factory or be part of the goofy comedy in Kunal Vijaykar's Fruit & Nut. I'm basically quiet and shy. I like to read and write."

Diya admits there's no man in her life. "The amount of men I'm linked with! Where's the time? Sometimes when I see my friends with their soul mates, I do wish I had someone to cuddle. But then I quickly move on to something else."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News