Skip to main content

Upen Patel steps into Salman's shoes


Everyone is talking about Upen Patel's daredevil act at the Zee Awards at London on Saturday evening. Speaking from London, Upen explains, "I was actually asked to step into Salman Khan's act at the last minute. Believe it or not, I had just one hour to rehearse! One hour! I don't know how I managed it."

But the response Upen got from his fellow-Londoners was unimaginable. "London is my home. And to perform there was a dream come true for me. My mom, my sister and my entire family watched me. They had a planned a lavish act with Salman with motorbikes on stages and everything."So what gives? "Salman, I'm told, couldn't come for his performance because of a torn ligament. I happily agreed to be a last-minute replacement because I didn't want them to incur losses. Why wouldn't I want to step in for Salman? He's a rock star. Besides, they altered Salman's act to suit my personality. Initially, I was supposed to dance to two songs from Partner. But when I stepped in they re-structured the intro with bits of my songs from 36 China Town and Shakalaka Boom Boom to begin the act."

Earlier Upen was supposed to be part only of Shahrukh Khan's act. "He did a kind of Om Shanti Om with a gender reversal where instead of all the heroines, all the heroes joined him on stage. I was only supposed to be part of that. But thanks to Salman, I had two acts, one for myself and one with Shahrukh. The press here in London has gone ballistic over my act. I can't get over it."

And all because of Salman's unpredictability!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News