Skip to main content

SRK's last gift for Knight Riders

Now the recent speculation about a rift in the team-management angered Kolkata Knight Riders co-owner Shah Rukh Khan so much that he refused to attend any of Kolkata's home games, and had to be persuaded by the players to attend Sunday's match. Shah Rukh, who was angry with the media for rumour-mongering, signed off by giving his team gold-plated helmets and promising their fans that the next season will be much better for his Knight Riders.

If Shoaib Akhtar or any of the Knight Riders were ever to be marooned on a deserted island, they'd certainly be able to entertain themselves with their new playstations, laptops, speakers and watches, all thanks to Shah Rukh Khan. And now, adding bling to that treasure are the 24 carat gold plated helmets for the entire team.

"The biggest prize that you can have for trying in life is this golden helmet so you can only desire this helmet if you deserve it and I don't think nobody deserves it more than all the young boys and all the men who have played for Knight Riders. I wish I could also have played and got one but lately I have not been allowed on to the field but I'll still try to make it," Shah Rukh said.

Shah Rukh's noble speech was followed by Shoaib's noble intention, which he announced later in the evening during the game against Kings XI Punjab.

"I'll give it to charity or to Mother Teresa. I'll put it on e-bay, collect lots and lots of money and then give it all to charity," the Pakistan pacer said.

So, SRK and his team are still one big happy family with the actor rubbishing reports of a rift with captain and coach. He was also quite categorical in saying that he's not about to abandon his team.

"I have told the children who've bought the Knight Riders t-shirt that in 6 months this t-shirt is going to be small for you but the t-shirt will never make you feel small ever and that can only happen if I stick to it with my passion and belief so all these talks are quite irrelevant."

Shah Rukh Khan signed off by saying that he will stay connected to the city and come back next year with his knights to give Kolkata more reason to cheer and this failed IPL script has made him even more hungry for success.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News