Skip to main content

SRK to stay away from Knight Riders matches

Kolkata: Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan has decided to stay away from Indian Premier League (IPL) matches involving his team Knight Riders until he has a clear understanding of the code of conduct.

Shah Rukh was reportedly peeved after being not allowed to sit in the players' dug-out by ICC Anti-Corruption officials.

Match in Images: Kings XI Punjab win a heart-stopper | Hayden to miss first Test against West Indies

"I am still trying to understand the code of conduct expected of me at the matches of the IPL... ICC etc. After I understand it, I will decide whether to accept it or not. Till such time, I will be with you guys at the hotel, in the meeting, but will not come for the matches," Shah Rukh said in a lengthy SMS to the Knight Riders team.

Shah Rukh said his absence from the field had nothing to do with the team's poor performance.

"Please do not ever feel it is anything to do with us as a team. I am as dedicated to my Knights as I am to my kids. Only, I won't be coming to the class room till the headmasters' rules are understood by me. I am a bit anti-establishment kind of a guy, so I apologise for this quirk to you all."

Shah Rukh also denied reports of any rift with Knight Riders captain Sourav Ganguly and coach John Buchanan.

"Ignore all this bit about Dada, me and John having issues. It's a normal thing in the world. People like to hit you when you are down... It will make us stronger. The only way to avoid this is to win," he wrote.

Knight Riders, who are virtually out of the semi-finals, have two matches left. They are taking on Delhi Daredevils in Delhi on Thursday and then play Kings XI Punjab in their last match at home.

"Chin up and don't spoil your character in the next two games. Let’s go out with a bang and not a whimper. In films, we say you are only as good as your last film. So let’s make the whole world know how good we are in the last two games."

Seeing that the morale of the team is low in the face of being eliminated from IPL, the actor has been since Monday sending morale-boosting SMSes to all team members to keep them in good humour for the remaining do-or-die two matches.

Khan asked Sourav's team to keep up its "fighting spirit" and clarified that he was completely behind the team and had not distanced from it, as reported in a section of the media.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News