Skip to main content

I’m waiting for my a release!’

/photo.cms?msid=2995105
Sudhanshu Pandey
How’s your role in Alibaug shaped up?

The last schedule of the film is being planned. I’m really looking forward to finishing the film now as almost 70 per cent of it is complete.

It’s a story of few friends who come together after a long time and I play one of them. It’s an emotional story with beautiful music and shot on some beautiful locations. Sanjay Gupta’s made sure everyone looks their best in the film. I’m happy with the way I’m looking. Performance-wise, it’s the audience who has to judge.

Sanjay Dutt opted out of the film, did it affect the shooting in any way?

I would be lying if I said it didn’t. The shooting was halted for a while. But all’s well that ends well, I guess. The show goes on. We’re all just hoping for the film to be completed soon as there’s lots of hard work gone in it.

What are the other projects you’re working on?

I just wrapped up my schedule for Singh is Kinng. There’s a good dose of both action and comedy. A lot of the shooting was done in Australia and we had good fun shooting for the film. Ninety per cent of the crew was from Hollywood. There’s a lot action in the film and it was a dream come true for me to be in a film like this with Akshay Kumar. We both bonded really well. I had done my first film with him. He treats me like a brother. Apart from this, I’ve signed a three-film deal with Sanjay Gupta’s production house. We’re going to start work on an action film. I want to do a lot of action movies because I think they suit me.

You’re not doing any solo films?

I really don’t care about that anymore. I don’t think any actor at this time bothers about that. All big banners are coming out with multi-starrers and the success rate of such films is much higher. As long as the director is good and I have a substantial role, I am not bothered about such things.

Your first innings in Bollywood was not very good...

Maybe I was too young. With experiences, you mature and know which direction you want your life to take. I’m putting my efforts in the right direction now.

So television is completely out for you?

Yes, it’s completely out. Films are my calling. I’ve nothing against TV but there has to be something challenging. Even an Amitabh Bachchan or a Shah Rukh Khan are doing television these days but they do it on their terms. Once I reach such a level, even I can work on my own terms in television.

You’re going to become a father a second time around...

Yes, apart from other releases, that’s going to be my biggest release! (laughs) I have a son so I would like to have a baby girl but it doesn’t matter as long as the baby is healthy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vivek Oberoi: I am a Tamilian

  Vivek Oberoi:-  I am a Tamilian Vivek Oberoi has said he has great affinity for Tamil Nadu Movies and that he makes sure that he visits his grand-parents in Chennai regularly. Vivek Oberoi in an interview to Tamil media earlier had said ‘Naanum Thamizhkarandhan’ (means ‘ I am also a Tamilian ’). Vivek Oberoi earned the good will of Tamil Nadu people when he adopted a Tamil Nadu village devastated by the killer Tsunami in 2004. Vivek’s next two big films have a solid Tamil connection. The immediate ‘ Prince ’ is being dubbed and released in Tamil on April 9. The following ‘ Raktha Charithra ’ by Ram Gopal Varma in which Suriya is also playing an important role is a multi lingual and that too will be released as a direct Tamil version. The most highlighting factor about these films is that Vivek Oberoi will speak Tamil himself for the dubbing. When Suriya and Vikram are learning Hindi for their Bollywood debuts, Vivek Oberoi comes to Kollywood already knowing Tamil. For More

Rani Mukherjee's sexy in her bikini

Bollywood Actress Rani Mukherjee's sexy in her bikini In Dil Bole Hadippa Believe it or not, but the whole ‘bikini top ‘n’ skimpy shorts’ avatar in short — flaunting Rani Mukerji’s hot new bod wasn’t her idea. Not even the producer or director had anything to do with it. After she realised how much she had toned up (to play a male cricketer in Dil Bole Hadippa!), Rani just happened to discuss this idea with her designer friend Manish Malhotra. And from there on it was Manish’s game plan, after all, he’s transformed many a Bollywood girl in to glam queens. He suggested that it would be a pity to waste such a well-toned body by not showing it off. That’s how the idea of a special song was born. And is she looking hot? Talk about her ‘shapely’ success, and Rani says, “Believe me, I didn’t starve at all. I love my food, especially rice and sweets. There was no way I was giving up all that. So, I just worked out harder and was occasionally allowed my ‘cheat’ meals of rice, sweets, etc.

Bollywood: John Abraham’s Slum Connection

Bollywood New Movie Slumdog Millionaire has definitely made the slums of Mumbai a little popular. Perhaps this is why they are so welcoming to every director who wants to make a film on their lifestyle. John Abraham’s fortcoming film Hook Ya Crook is also one of those films shot in the Chikalwadi Chawl of Mumbai. This film is directed by David Dhawan and John Abraham playes a cricketer who resides in the chawl. In a song John and Genelia D’Souza dance to a tapori-ish number with the typical tapori dance steps. The residents of the slum were delighted to see the stars around and cheered for the unit as they worked. John Abraham added to their delight by giving them autographs and taking pictures with them.