Skip to main content

I’m waiting for my a release!’

/photo.cms?msid=2995105
Sudhanshu Pandey
How’s your role in Alibaug shaped up?

The last schedule of the film is being planned. I’m really looking forward to finishing the film now as almost 70 per cent of it is complete.

It’s a story of few friends who come together after a long time and I play one of them. It’s an emotional story with beautiful music and shot on some beautiful locations. Sanjay Gupta’s made sure everyone looks their best in the film. I’m happy with the way I’m looking. Performance-wise, it’s the audience who has to judge.

Sanjay Dutt opted out of the film, did it affect the shooting in any way?

I would be lying if I said it didn’t. The shooting was halted for a while. But all’s well that ends well, I guess. The show goes on. We’re all just hoping for the film to be completed soon as there’s lots of hard work gone in it.

What are the other projects you’re working on?

I just wrapped up my schedule for Singh is Kinng. There’s a good dose of both action and comedy. A lot of the shooting was done in Australia and we had good fun shooting for the film. Ninety per cent of the crew was from Hollywood. There’s a lot action in the film and it was a dream come true for me to be in a film like this with Akshay Kumar. We both bonded really well. I had done my first film with him. He treats me like a brother. Apart from this, I’ve signed a three-film deal with Sanjay Gupta’s production house. We’re going to start work on an action film. I want to do a lot of action movies because I think they suit me.

You’re not doing any solo films?

I really don’t care about that anymore. I don’t think any actor at this time bothers about that. All big banners are coming out with multi-starrers and the success rate of such films is much higher. As long as the director is good and I have a substantial role, I am not bothered about such things.

Your first innings in Bollywood was not very good...

Maybe I was too young. With experiences, you mature and know which direction you want your life to take. I’m putting my efforts in the right direction now.

So television is completely out for you?

Yes, it’s completely out. Films are my calling. I’ve nothing against TV but there has to be something challenging. Even an Amitabh Bachchan or a Shah Rukh Khan are doing television these days but they do it on their terms. Once I reach such a level, even I can work on my own terms in television.

You’re going to become a father a second time around...

Yes, apart from other releases, that’s going to be my biggest release! (laughs) I have a son so I would like to have a baby girl but it doesn’t matter as long as the baby is healthy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News