Skip to main content

Bollywood News & Gossip: Time and again Bollywood megastar, Amitabh Bachcan has been attacked for his loyalty to UP and his negligence towards Maharas

Time and again Bollywood megastar, Amitabh Bachcan has been attacked for his loyalty to UP and his negligence towards Maharashtra. Recently, Shiv Sena mouthpiece ‘Saamna’, praised Rajnikanth for supporting Tamil Nadu in the Hogenekkal drinking water project controversy despite the fact that Karnataka is his birthplace. The editorial then criticized Amitabh asking what he had done for Maharashtra.

Although, seeing that the issue was getting inflated, Shiv Sena leader Bal Thackeray sidelined himself from the editorial and wrote that Amitabh is a national star and should not be dragged into regional controversies.

However, Big B was hurt and decided to retort this time by venting his feelings to the media. In an interview, the superstar quoted, ‘’I am not an outsider by any stretch of imagination. This land is my land as much as it is for every other citizen of our beloved country. I came to Mumbai in 1968 to pursue a vocation and I did not need a visa to come here as the city had been my home for the last 40 years.

I bought my first car here and my own house. I met and married my wife in this city and both my children were born here. My father and my mother spent their last years in Mumbai and died here.

They were put to flames here and their ashes have mingled with the earth of this city. This city gave me name and fame beyond anything that I may have deserved or hoped for.

I am not leaving this city and going anywhere. Let them (MNS) throw bottles and stones. Let them burn my effigies and bring morchas in front of my house — but I won’t budge.

I am a public figure, not a public official. I am not a democratically elected representative of the people, neither do I hold any public office. I am answerable only to the three C’s: Courts, Constitution and conscience.”

What has hurt Amitabh most is that his father-like Bal Thackrey too did not support him. Amitabh, who has always paid due respect to Balasaheb in every aspect, showed aptly that he was hurt saying, ‘’Balasaheb has been a father figure to us and shall remain so. In my growing up years, my parents taught me that when elders speak, the young listen quietly. I quietly accept whatever my elder or his outfit has expressed.'’

amitabh bachchan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News