Skip to main content

Bollywood actress,Bollywood star,Bollywood news & wallpaper

Following the steps of Bollywood king Shah Rukh Khan, Tollywood superstar Mithun Chakraborty has bought the Kolkata Tigers team of the Indian Cricket League (ICL).

Mithun Da, as he is popularly called in West Bengal after he shifted to the Bengali film industry from Bollywood, told IANS: 'Yes, I have bought the Kolkata Tigers of the ICL. Thursday everything will be formally announced after completing some legal formalities.

'I have always been a sports lover and had organised the Raj Kapoor Trophy in Chembur, Mumbai, for several years where big stars played. But it was not just passion that made me buy the team, there is business in it also.'

The king of disco dance said: 'I am an entertainer and Twenty20 is a fantastic form of entertainment. There is craze and good business in it. So I decided to try my luck.' Asked how much he spent on the team, Mithun said: 'At present I cannot reveal the figure, but it is certainly a triple digit in crores (tens of millions).'

He said after completing the formalities he would go for an overhaul of the team and add to its sheen by giving it a logo along with a slogan and a theme song. On whether he wanted to rename the side Bengal Tigers, he said: 'I have strongly recommended it. Kolkata is the capital of Bengal, but my side will represent all the people of the I have fans in every corner of the State.'

Asked what made him go for a team in ICL and not Indian Premier League (IPL), Mithun said: 'I woke up late. The realisation that I could even own a team and make it into a profitable business venture dawned late on me.

'There is no question of competing with Shah Rukh Khan. He is one of the finest gentlemen I have come across and he gives a lot of respect to his co-stars. Besides, you can't compare our popularity. He is way above me.'

On whether his Bengal Tigers would imbibe his fighting spirit, the reigning hero of Tollywood said: 'Undoubtedly so. Life has never been a bed of roses for me. I have fought for everything and my team will be a fighter too.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News