Skip to main content

"Akshay doesn't need luck" - Anil Kapoor


Anil Kapoor created a buzz on Sunday when he said he "owns DLF which is the main sponsor." Yesterday, he refused to wish Akshay Kumar luck for his Delhi Daredevils matches. We catch up with Anil for a chat on Indian Premier League (IPL), Akshay and the DLF 'connection'.

What is your connection with DLF (the official sponsors of the IPL)?
There is no connection. I was pulling a fast one on the media when they asked me if I would like to own a team too. I won't buy any team kyun ki mein sabka baap hoon! It was a joke as I was in a great frame of mind as the whole atmosphere was thrilling with the crowd cheering us. Just go with the ruling party (laughs).What do you think of the IPL?
I think it's a very exciting prospect, one that holds a great future. But it's also hard work. One has to put one's heart and soul into it. I wish Shahrukh and Preity all the best! I have always been a cricket buff. But today, with the T20 matches, cricket has just got more exciting! I watch a match whenever I get the time.

You're not wishing Akshay Kumar your Tashan co-star?
Akshay doesn't need any luck today, he is on a roll! And Akshay is only the brand ambassador of the Delhi Daredevils. He doesn't own it while Shahrukh and Preity do.

Saif, Kareena and you were part of Tashan's promotional event at the IPL match at Wankhede. However, Akshay was conspicuous by his absence.
Yesterday, we were there as the Tashan team has a tie-up with Mumbai Indians. Akshay couldn't attend as he has tied up with Delhi Daredevils as their brand ambassador so it would be a tricky situation for him to attend the match on Sunday or he would have flown down from Bangkok.

How was the experience?
It was phenomenal! One of my cricketing idols has been Sachin Tendulkar so it was great to cheer for him. My other cricket idols include Sunil Gavaskar, Virendra Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh and Dhoni. They are great to watch on the field. Ishant Sharma shows great promise.

Shahrukh's son Aryan accompanies him for every cricket match but we have never seen your son Harsh.
Main usko bol-bol ke thak gaya! Harsh doesn't like cricket but is a football fanatic. He thinks football is cool. The modern and younger generation thinks cricket is for the masses.

Tashan is yet another multi-starrer after Welcome and Race. Don"t you get tired of multi-starrers?
No way! The more the merrier. I find it unsettling doing solo films. I am all for multi starrers and am available for them. Tashan is like a desi commercial and I enjoyed doing the role as it is unknown territory new director, new role, uncharted dimensions. I was nervous, anxious and exciting about the clothes, looks, character, producer and director, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tees Maar Khan - Official Trailer, Video, Photos, Wallpapers, Cast

Tees Maar Khan is an Action / Comedy film directed by Farah Khan featuring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif in the lead roles and Akshay Khanna in a cameo. Salman Khan has done an item song for the film. The music of the film is composed by the music duo of Vishal-Shekhar, lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. The film Tees Maar Khan  is set to Release on 24 December 2010. For More News Go @ WWW.BOLLYWOOD-NEWS.IN

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...

Priyanka Chopra's dangerous stunt ends up in an ACCIDENT | Bollywood News