
The compliments haven't stopped pouring in for Hrithik Roshan since Jodhaa Akbar hit the theatres.
The latest addition to the list of people who have praised him is Bollywood icon Amitabh Bachchan.
On seeing Hrithik's enchanting trance dance during the qawwalli Khwaja mere khwaja the Big B observed that not since Stanley Kubrick's legendary sci-fi 2001: A Space Odyssey in 1968 had there been such an apocalyptic moment in a film.
"That compliment just blew my mind," Hrithik told IANS. "Doing Jodhaa Akbar wasn't easy for me. That dance in a trance was especially difficult. When Ashutosh Gowariker explained the situation, I just didn't know how to go about it.
"In that moment of spiritual ecstasy what does my character experience? I was completely puzzled. Then I was told that it was moment when Akbar connects with divinity.
"I joined the singers to dance with one hand pointing towards heaven, which was receiving the divine gift, while my other hand pointed to the ground, which meant I was connecting the gift received from divinity to people down below. I was the medium, the recipient of divine communication," he said.
Hrithik is paired with Aishwarya Rai in this historical romance that focuses on the relationship between Mughal emperor Jalaluddin Akbar and his wife Jodha Bai.
Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life. In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview: Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens. Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six ...
Comments