Skip to main content

Salman Kahn got me Ghai's film? Don't be stupid: Katrina Kaif


Yuvraaj stars Anil Kapoor, Salman Khan, Zayed Khan, Katrina Kaif and Boman Irani at Subhash Ghai party. Photo Credit: Sawf News / IANS

By Subhash K. Jha

Mumbai, Nov 12 (IANS) Katrina Kaif is infuriated with reports suggesting that Subhash Ghai has signed her for his new directorial venture Main Yuvraj on Salman Khan's recommendation.

"It's so stupid to think like that, specially now when I have 'Namaste London' to my credit. Actually, I met Subhashji long before. He had offered me a film. I think it was 'Kisna'. Now for 'Main Yuvraj' he asked Vipul Shah to show him my work in 'Namaste London'. That's how I think he decided on me," Katrina told IANS.

Trying to curb her annoyance at Salman-centric interpretations to her career progress, Katrina said: "Do people think Subhashji is the kind of filmmaker who can be influenced by people into signing anyone? He has always gone by what is right for his film."

Katrina plays a musician in Main Yuvraj and is paired with Salman.

"It's the role of a modern musician and I play a musical instrument in it. I didn't want to get into this role just anyhow. I wanted to be fully prepared."

The wagging tongues don't bother her much. The actress, who has just completed Abbas-Mustan's Race, has plenty to be happy about. Her heroine-centric role in Namaste London has elicited appreciation not just from critics but also from the masses.

"Yeah, the film was a hit and I think I proved my critics wrong. Not that 'Namaste London' is my first success. My 'Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya' and then 'Sarkar' were also successful. But it's good to be recognised in a film that revolves around you."

She considers Ghai's new Main Yuvraj as a big move.

"It's a big move because banner-wise Subhashji is just the top-of-the-shelf and I love the way he presents heroines. Look at Mahima Chaudhary in 'Pardes' and Meenakshi Sheshadri in 'Hero'. Even in masculine films like 'Karma' and 'Ram Lakhan', Sridevi and Madhuri Dixit were no walkovers. So, yeah, I'm really looking forward to it," she said.


Source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vivek Oberoi: I am a Tamilian

  Vivek Oberoi:-  I am a Tamilian Vivek Oberoi has said he has great affinity for Tamil Nadu Movies and that he makes sure that he visits his grand-parents in Chennai regularly. Vivek Oberoi in an interview to Tamil media earlier had said ‘Naanum Thamizhkarandhan’ (means ‘ I am also a Tamilian ’). Vivek Oberoi earned the good will of Tamil Nadu people when he adopted a Tamil Nadu village devastated by the killer Tsunami in 2004. Vivek’s next two big films have a solid Tamil connection. The immediate ‘ Prince ’ is being dubbed and released in Tamil on April 9. The following ‘ Raktha Charithra ’ by Ram Gopal Varma in which Suriya is also playing an important role is a multi lingual and that too will be released as a direct Tamil version. The most highlighting factor about these films is that Vivek Oberoi will speak Tamil himself for the dubbing. When Suriya and Vikram are learning Hindi for their Bollywood debuts, Vivek Oberoi comes to Kollywood already knowing Tamil. For More

Rani Mukherjee's sexy in her bikini

Bollywood Actress Rani Mukherjee's sexy in her bikini In Dil Bole Hadippa Believe it or not, but the whole ‘bikini top ‘n’ skimpy shorts’ avatar in short — flaunting Rani Mukerji’s hot new bod wasn’t her idea. Not even the producer or director had anything to do with it. After she realised how much she had toned up (to play a male cricketer in Dil Bole Hadippa!), Rani just happened to discuss this idea with her designer friend Manish Malhotra. And from there on it was Manish’s game plan, after all, he’s transformed many a Bollywood girl in to glam queens. He suggested that it would be a pity to waste such a well-toned body by not showing it off. That’s how the idea of a special song was born. And is she looking hot? Talk about her ‘shapely’ success, and Rani says, “Believe me, I didn’t starve at all. I love my food, especially rice and sweets. There was no way I was giving up all that. So, I just worked out harder and was occasionally allowed my ‘cheat’ meals of rice, sweets, etc.

Bollywood: John Abraham’s Slum Connection

Bollywood New Movie Slumdog Millionaire has definitely made the slums of Mumbai a little popular. Perhaps this is why they are so welcoming to every director who wants to make a film on their lifestyle. John Abraham’s fortcoming film Hook Ya Crook is also one of those films shot in the Chikalwadi Chawl of Mumbai. This film is directed by David Dhawan and John Abraham playes a cricketer who resides in the chawl. In a song John and Genelia D’Souza dance to a tapori-ish number with the typical tapori dance steps. The residents of the slum were delighted to see the stars around and cheered for the unit as they worked. John Abraham added to their delight by giving them autographs and taking pictures with them.