Skip to main content

What are Bollywood stars planning for New Year?

While Priyanka Chopra, Suniel Shetty and Sonam Kapoor plan to make it a family affair, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora will entertain their fans with performances and others like Tusshar Kapoor are going to welcome the New Year with work.

Priyanka Chopra: I'm shooting till the Dec 30. Then I have one day to spend with my family. After the New Year, I am off to Bangkok to shoot a commercial for a beauty soap. My wish? That my father remains well and my films do well!

Suniel Shetty: I'm off to spend the year-end with my family in our Khandala home, and that includes my parents, of course. I'd want my family to be happy and complete in 2008. On the professional front, I want my production company Popcorn Entertainment to march ahead.

Bipasha Basu: I'm working on New Year's Eve. I'll be performing at the Marriott. Then I'm heading to Kenya for a week's holiday. I hope in 2008 I've loads of fun and I do great work. I'd like more travel for myself and less violence for the world.

Tusshar Kapoor: I can't travel out of Mumbai for the New Year because I'm shooting. So it'd be just close friends home on the Dec 31. My only wish for 2008 is to see my films get a smooth release.

Sonam Kapoor: I'm actually working this New Year in Jaipur. But my parents, sister and my best friend are coming to visit me.

Arshad Warsi: I'm off to the mountains in Uttaranchal with my family. I wish the world would take global warming seriously in 2008.

R. Madhavan: I'm off on a cruise with my wife and son in Singapore. My wish? I want to spend lots and lots of time with my family in Chennai in 2008. In 2007, I was home for all of 28 days.

Raveena Tandon: I'll be with my husband, my two children and friends at a friend's house in Alibaug. I want to get back to some work in 2008.

Esha Deol: On the 31st I'm with my old school friends. In 2008, I want a role that will challenge me as an actress. Waiting with fingers crossed. I've kept my dates free. For the rest of world, I pray for peace.

Urmila Matondkar: I'll be working during New Year's Eve. As for my wish list for 2008, do you have the time?

Shabana Azmi: I've no plans for the New Year. I guess I'll go with the flow in the coming year.

Mona Singh: This may sound boring, but I'll visit gurdwaras for the New Year's Eve to thank god for all he has given me. Then I'll spend the day with the family. I'll party at night with friends. In 2008, I hope I get that one big role in Bollywood.

Perizaad Zorabian: This New Year is special because it's my first as mummy to baby Zaha. Playing mummy, daddy and baby is like living in a fairytale. In 2008, I want to balance out my family life with my career.

Rahul Khanna: I'm spending the New Year with friends in the US and looking forward to a year of interesting and fun-filled roles.

Arbaaz Khan: This year for the New Year's I'll be at our family farmhouse in Panvel with my parents and brothers. Earlier, during the year-end we'd head to Goa or Dubai. In 2008 I want to quit smoking. My son is growing up and I don't want him to feel it's okay to smoke because daddy's doing it.

Malaika Arora: I'll be in Delhi performing for Country Club. In 2008 I want my new TV show and my feature film "EMI" to do well

Koena Mitra: I'll be dancing at the Sahara Star Hotel. Afterwards I'll party. I'm glad I'll be working and I'll bring in the New Year with work. In 2008, I want better work and more love from everyone. At the end of the day all we want is happiness.

Dino Morea: I'm spending the New Year with my family and closed friends. My parents are down from Bangalore. In 2008, all I want is to work every day.

Celina Jaitley: My brother got engaged Dec 27. So we'll have a family dinner on New Year welcoming his fiancée to the family. That apart I want my career to finally take off in 2008. I've worked hard. I want my dues.

Amrita Rao: Since January 2007 I've been living out of suitcases. I've just returned from a month's schedule in Jaisalmer. So now I'm looking forward to spending time in Mumbai. My cousins have come down from America and we'll be partying together.

Irrfan Khan: My tall and long plan is to explore the interiors of Maharashtra. It's very important to be in touch with one's roots. Anyone who wants to accompany me is welcome to do so.

Rahul Bose: It's a sombre New Year for my sister and me. We lost our father recently. We're in our ancestral home in Kasauli going through his things, putting finishing touches to his life. But I don't grieve for my father. I celebrate his passing forth. Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vivek Oberoi: I am a Tamilian

  Vivek Oberoi:-  I am a Tamilian Vivek Oberoi has said he has great affinity for Tamil Nadu Movies and that he makes sure that he visits his grand-parents in Chennai regularly. Vivek Oberoi in an interview to Tamil media earlier had said ‘Naanum Thamizhkarandhan’ (means ‘ I am also a Tamilian ’). Vivek Oberoi earned the good will of Tamil Nadu people when he adopted a Tamil Nadu village devastated by the killer Tsunami in 2004. Vivek’s next two big films have a solid Tamil connection. The immediate ‘ Prince ’ is being dubbed and released in Tamil on April 9. The following ‘ Raktha Charithra ’ by Ram Gopal Varma in which Suriya is also playing an important role is a multi lingual and that too will be released as a direct Tamil version. The most highlighting factor about these films is that Vivek Oberoi will speak Tamil himself for the dubbing. When Suriya and Vikram are learning Hindi for their Bollywood debuts, Vivek Oberoi comes to Kollywood already knowing Tamil. For More

Rani Mukherjee's sexy in her bikini

Bollywood Actress Rani Mukherjee's sexy in her bikini In Dil Bole Hadippa Believe it or not, but the whole ‘bikini top ‘n’ skimpy shorts’ avatar in short — flaunting Rani Mukerji’s hot new bod wasn’t her idea. Not even the producer or director had anything to do with it. After she realised how much she had toned up (to play a male cricketer in Dil Bole Hadippa!), Rani just happened to discuss this idea with her designer friend Manish Malhotra. And from there on it was Manish’s game plan, after all, he’s transformed many a Bollywood girl in to glam queens. He suggested that it would be a pity to waste such a well-toned body by not showing it off. That’s how the idea of a special song was born. And is she looking hot? Talk about her ‘shapely’ success, and Rani says, “Believe me, I didn’t starve at all. I love my food, especially rice and sweets. There was no way I was giving up all that. So, I just worked out harder and was occasionally allowed my ‘cheat’ meals of rice, sweets, etc.

Bollywood: John Abraham’s Slum Connection

Bollywood New Movie Slumdog Millionaire has definitely made the slums of Mumbai a little popular. Perhaps this is why they are so welcoming to every director who wants to make a film on their lifestyle. John Abraham’s fortcoming film Hook Ya Crook is also one of those films shot in the Chikalwadi Chawl of Mumbai. This film is directed by David Dhawan and John Abraham playes a cricketer who resides in the chawl. In a song John and Genelia D’Souza dance to a tapori-ish number with the typical tapori dance steps. The residents of the slum were delighted to see the stars around and cheered for the unit as they worked. John Abraham added to their delight by giving them autographs and taking pictures with them.