Skip to main content

Shahid Kapoor: I'm waiting for someone special

http://s.chakpak.com/se_images/253866_-1_564_none/shahid-kapoor-wallpaper.jpg
Bollywood’s man with lightening in his feet, Shahid Kapoor seems pretty chilled out and unfazed by controversies in real life.

In town to shoot for an untitled film opposite Anushka Sharma, Shahid seems very comfortable in his skin. While he’s reluctant to discuss about his private life or his rumoured amours with Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan and Sania Mirza, the teen heartthrob says he’s “learnt to take all the rumours with a pinch of salt” and claims he’s just a “regular” young guy after pack-up. Excerpts from an exclusive interview:

Kaminey and Dil Bole Hadippa... are set to hit the screens.
Yeah. Their release dates are pretty close to each other. Kaminey will hit the screens this month, while Dil Bole Hadippa is slated for a September release. Both are very different films and I’m excited as well as a little nervous. The levels of expectations increase after your previous films have done well at the BO. Jab We Met was a turning point in my career. After Vivaah, I sat home for six months because I didn’t like anything that came my way. Then Jab We Met happened. Things changed after that. Audiences expect a lot more with each release.

Kaminey is different from the films you have done so far...
That’s true. When Vishal approached me he said, ‘Shahid, ek commercial film banate hain yaar’. Vishal is a great director and I was excited to be part of his film. It’s also the first time I’m playing a double role and both characters are totally different from one another. While one speaks with a lisp, the other stammers. Yes, it is different from other films I’ve done, and that’s what makes Kaminey so special for me. But there’s so much to look forward to in that film. There’s Vishal Bharadwaj, there’s the romance angle with Priyanka and there’s the rocking number Dhan te naan.

And then there’s also the shirtless scene.
Oh yes (laughs). Vishal didn’t have to convince me a lot to do the scene. It’s important for the character of Charlie, who is into horse racing. I didn’t do it because going shirtless is the current fad in B-town. I trained really hard for a year to achieve the look I have for the scene. Plus I had six to seven white horses running behind me who were equally good-looking. I had no option but train hard. Moreover, I’m very diet conscious and I eat really boring food.

The kind of movies you do is very different from the brand of films your dad (Pankaj Kapur) is synonymous with. Ever fancy trying your hand at that?
There was a time when people did not accept ‘different’ cinema that came their way. But these days they are more acceptable and expect a lot more from an actor. I’ll be testing the waters with Kaminey. If it works, then I don’t mind doing something different. If it doesn’t, then it will give me some food for thought, as to what the audience like and expect.

Your pairing with Rani Mukerji in Dil Bole Hadippa is pretty unconventional too.
Yes. But I have no apprehensions about it. I’m sure the makers knew what they were doing when they decided to pair me opposite Rani. The film is an out-an-out masala entertainer. Working with Rani is such a pleasure because she takes a lot of the load off you. And if I had doubts about our pairing, I wouldn’t have signed the film at all.

Speaking of signing, rumours have it that you did not want to sign your mom’s film...
There has been a lot of stuff written about it. But honestly, I don’t see why I should come out and talk about it. It’s something very personal and I would like to keep it that way. These silly rumours have not created any friction between us, because my relationship with mom is not fragile.

You are one actor who is constantly being linked-up with every co-star.
Every morning when I wake up and open the newspaper, I find the media linking me with someone or the other. It’s really annoying. But then it’s all part of the deal. I don’t know if it’s because I’m single or because people would like to see me linked with someone. I know that someday, someone special will walk into my life and that day I’m going to be absolutely over the moon. Even if there’s no one, no harm — I’m happy being single right now.

Comments

Akshata said…
Hi!!!!!I m ur big fan............
I just want 2 b ur frnd..... I m just waiting 4 ur rply............
Akshata said…
hi!!!!! I m ur big fan $ I m much crazy about u. U even come in2 my dream...... $ I just want 2 b a frnd of urs n 4rm when i m waiting 4 ur rply................
Akshata said…
4 whom u r waiting
Cricketer said…
thanks akshata i hope shahid will surely notice your this comment........

Popular posts from this blog

Vivek Oberoi: I am a Tamilian

  Vivek Oberoi:-  I am a Tamilian Vivek Oberoi has said he has great affinity for Tamil Nadu Movies and that he makes sure that he visits his grand-parents in Chennai regularly. Vivek Oberoi in an interview to Tamil media earlier had said ‘Naanum Thamizhkarandhan’ (means ‘ I am also a Tamilian ’). Vivek Oberoi earned the good will of Tamil Nadu people when he adopted a Tamil Nadu village devastated by the killer Tsunami in 2004. Vivek’s next two big films have a solid Tamil connection. The immediate ‘ Prince ’ is being dubbed and released in Tamil on April 9. The following ‘ Raktha Charithra ’ by Ram Gopal Varma in which Suriya is also playing an important role is a multi lingual and that too will be released as a direct Tamil version. The most highlighting factor about these films is that Vivek Oberoi will speak Tamil himself for the dubbing. When Suriya and Vikram are learning Hindi for their Bollywood debuts, Vivek Oberoi comes to Kollywood already knowing Tamil. For More

Rani Mukherjee's sexy in her bikini

Bollywood Actress Rani Mukherjee's sexy in her bikini In Dil Bole Hadippa Believe it or not, but the whole ‘bikini top ‘n’ skimpy shorts’ avatar in short — flaunting Rani Mukerji’s hot new bod wasn’t her idea. Not even the producer or director had anything to do with it. After she realised how much she had toned up (to play a male cricketer in Dil Bole Hadippa!), Rani just happened to discuss this idea with her designer friend Manish Malhotra. And from there on it was Manish’s game plan, after all, he’s transformed many a Bollywood girl in to glam queens. He suggested that it would be a pity to waste such a well-toned body by not showing it off. That’s how the idea of a special song was born. And is she looking hot? Talk about her ‘shapely’ success, and Rani says, “Believe me, I didn’t starve at all. I love my food, especially rice and sweets. There was no way I was giving up all that. So, I just worked out harder and was occasionally allowed my ‘cheat’ meals of rice, sweets, etc.

Bollywood: John Abraham’s Slum Connection

Bollywood New Movie Slumdog Millionaire has definitely made the slums of Mumbai a little popular. Perhaps this is why they are so welcoming to every director who wants to make a film on their lifestyle. John Abraham’s fortcoming film Hook Ya Crook is also one of those films shot in the Chikalwadi Chawl of Mumbai. This film is directed by David Dhawan and John Abraham playes a cricketer who resides in the chawl. In a song John and Genelia D’Souza dance to a tapori-ish number with the typical tapori dance steps. The residents of the slum were delighted to see the stars around and cheered for the unit as they worked. John Abraham added to their delight by giving them autographs and taking pictures with them.